This is a specialized job providing patient care and performing clerical duties in a medical practice setting. The emphasis of the job is to assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients and to perform a variety of administrative tasks. Holders report directly to the practice office manager and are supervised by a provider when performing medicine-related tasks.
One year of related experience is preferred. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and have successfully completed and graduated from a medical assistant program.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Successful completion of physician assistant training from an approved technical school is required
- Previous experience in adult medicine to adults is preferred.
License / Certification
- Maintains current BLS health care provider certification and
- Maintains current certification from one of the following agencies:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified Clinical Physician Assistant (CCMA) by the National Medical Assistance Association (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Responsible for performing clinical procedures and assisting the professional with managing patient care in an expanded capacity.As part of the care team, support mission and goals achievement, organizational quality, and patient-centered care.
Incorporate the basic organizational values of quality, respect, integrity, partnership, and compassion in all activities and decisions. Comply with the organization’s policies, procedures, standards of care, and related laws and regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA regulations. Responsible for training and advising new MAs in back office processes and procedures, quality measures and level of care.